Click column header to sort
- Position Title
- Responsible to
- Education Requirements
High School Diploma
- Work Experience
- Other Qualifications
Problem solving capability
- Principal Functions
Responsible for the maintenance and security of The Salvation Army building
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep building clean and make minor repairs as needed.
- Responsible for the exterior areas of the Corps building, keeping them in clean, safe order. Empty butt cans, sweep sidewalks; remove snow on Corps property as needed. Try to keep all doorways clear and clean.
- Prepare all meeting rooms as requested for Salvation Army programming and outside use of rooms
- Maintain building equipment as directed
- Maintain, on a daily basis, those areas of the Corps Building that needs attention and cleaning:
Keep windows washed and free from clutter.
- Responsible for the security of the building, including the alarm system
- Alert Corps Commanding Officer to those items that need to be ordered to maintain the cleanliness of the building.
- Assist with pickups, including: children, adults, volunteers for Corps Programs and Activities, food, supplies and gift-in-kind, Seasonal Workers and War Cry sellers.
- Assist in the pick up donated bread items at various grocery and department stores.
- Remove all trash from the interior of the Corps Building and place in dumpster located in parking lot. Maintain area surrounding dumpster in a clean, orderly fashion, free of debris and litter.
- Assist Corps Commanding Officer in Holiday setup, distribution and cleanup.
- Keep store rooms containing supplies and food for Miracle Kitchen and food pantry in clean, orderly fashion.
- Receive donations at the Corps Building and take appropriate information for the file and thank you letter
- Coordinate the packing of bread items that are received daily for distribution to the needy in our Community.
- Assist Corps Commanding Officer with making Bank Deposits as needed.
- Be on call for emergencies as needed.
- Assist in other areas as needed and requested by Corps Commanding Officer.
Clean and maintenance of ALL areas in and around the outside of the Salvation Army building
Clean and maintain outreach vehicle, and cooking equipment
Clean bathrooms, hallways, stairs, chapel, offices, etc
To assist the Corps Officer(s) in the overall maintenance and upkeep of the building.
WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY of the day care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures.
To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide day care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individuals child.
To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director or other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
To participate in planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
To participate in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program.
To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
Under the direct supervision of the Corps Officers and Maintenance Supervisor the Maintenance and Security worker will work in in maintaining the cleanliness of the Bushwick Corps property and, secure the After School Program during program hours.
To create an atmosphere in which children are able to receive healthy mentoring and peer relationships, continued educational experiences, physical education, and instruction about the Bible and prayer.
Housekeeper/Cook is under the supervision of the Program Manager and Assistant Program Manager. Housekeeper/Cook has the overall responsibility for the general upkeep and cleaning of the facility, cooking of all meals, snacks, food shopping and orders, also stock rotation of food.
The Direct Support Professional works directly with persons being served in program activities, both in the home and in the community. If and when you are functioning as Medical Assistant you are directly accountable to the R.N for duties specific to medical domains as described. If and when you are functioning as a Direct Support Professional you are responsible for the direct care and development of the individual by providing assistance and training in skills attainment. Function at a full capacity within your job description and requirement. The agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all individuals of service. This requires that all staff assesses the individual's needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the individuals with services needed-internal or external to the agency, regardless of which of the individuals enters the system. Assess the needs of the whole individuals/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter. Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the individual's families' needs. Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of an individual’s family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program. Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure and Other Duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Fitness & Recreation Manager, the Recreation & Sports Performance Specialist will perform a variety of duties as assigned in the areas of direct customer care, specifically league management, individual and group sports performance training, health promotion activities; assist with building and leading a multiple levels of sports and recreation programs, by conducting research into programs design, development and implementation.
Under the supervision of the Educational Director of the center, the Group Teacher (UPK) shall be responsible for the implementation of the educational curriculum and the daily operations of the preschool classroom.
The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do the most good in their own community.
The Bridging the Gap Program in Oswego, NY has an immediate opening for a part-time Assistant Director.This program offers a 12-week long life skills curriculum to adolescents who are at risk of becoming or are first time criminal offenders.
This position will be scheduled to work 5 hours per day, 3 days per week. The primary duties are to support the program Director during daytime classroom instruction and assist with preparation and delivery of meals to students. Additionally, the Assistant Director will conduct a weekly night session to a smaller group of students.
The Salvation Army offers these benefits to eligible part-time employees:
- Paid time off every year that includes holidays, vacation time, and sick time.
- Sprint and Verizon Wireless Discounts.