Click column header to sort
DEPARTMENT: Samaritan Center for Adult Care
REPORTS TO: Adult Day Services Director
STATUS: Full Time, Permanent, up to 40 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Must be available Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm
FUNCTION: Responsible for the general supervision of clients, providing personal care to the clients, implementing planned activities, and the cleanliness of the adult day program.
Responsible for safely transporting participants to and from the program, escorting adult day service participants to and from vehicles, providing general supervision of participants and the documentation related to the transportation program.
DEPARTMENT: Social Ministries, Anti-Human Trafficking
REPORTS TO: Anit-Human Trafficking Manager
SCHEDULE: Full-time. Must be able to respond 24/7 to human trafficking emergencies.
This position is responsible for providing 24 hour emergency response, when appropriate; crisis intervention, development and implementation of outreach programming.
Involvement in the total operation with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities as needed. General maintenance of all Salvation Army property including parking lot areas; General building upkeep. Will assist in pickup of food items and other donations, securing them in the properly assigned locations. Receiving of all deliveries and ensuring that they are secured in office area. After packing away delivered items in pantry and storage area, make sure that all spills are swept and mopped. Clean and maintain in front of building by keeping area clean at all times.
The Group Leader I will serve in a support role to the Corps Officers, under the direct supervision of the Program Directors. They will be intimately and integrally involved in the daily operations of the School-Age Child Care program and the carrying out of its mission. The Group Leader I will have oversight responsibility for a designated group of children and a specialized activity, as assigned by the Program Directors. They will also be responsible to exercise a measure leadership over other employees assigned to them. The Group Leader I will be required to provide support to the Program Directors, when necessary. The Group Leader I should be experienced and qualified to assume greater leadership responsibility, in absence of the Program Director, when necessary. The ideal candidate will remain teachable and interested in their ongoing professional development.
The Grounds Associate works directly under the Facilities Supervisor. As directed, is responsible for the care, treatment, repair and replacement of the grounds of the Star Lake Complex. This position is a non-professional, hourly rate position.
The Day Care Worker provides direct care to the youth that participate in the Family Shelter’s child care and/or recreation programs The Day Care Worker should be patient, kind, and
genuinely enjoy working with children of all ages.
The Divisional Director of Advancement (DDA) has the responsibility to successfully lead all elements of the Divisional Development Department, including fund raising (major gifts, planned giving, direct marketing, digital fund raising, corporate giving, foundation grants), public relations, marketing and advertising, social media, volunteerism and board engagement. The DDA is an essential part of the Leadership Team and leads all strategies to advance The Salvation Army as much as possible through annual support and breakthrough gifts, capital and endowment campaigns, philanthropic planning (planned and estate gifts), as well as through awareness-building, brand positioning and leadership networking. The DDA works cooperatively with the Territorial Director of Advancement and territorial CRD staff to adhere to and implement territorial CRD programs and practices and policies (eg. major gifts, planned giving, donor data management, direct mail, digital).
Position: Residential Direct Support Professional
Department: Developmental Disabilities Program – Montgomery County
Availability of Position: Immediately
Schedules: Full Time positions including weekdays, weekends and overnight shifts Collegeville and Royersford, PA areas: (Sleeping is permitted during the overnight hours. Same pay rate applies.)
On-call positions also available (variable, as needed schedule, less than 19 hours per week)
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Program Coordinator for the location
Salary and Grade: $12.00/hour; 72 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is Hiring!
We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do good in their own community.
We have openings for Resident Aides at the Evangeline Booth Miracle Home, which provides emergency housing to homeless women and their children.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all resident's basic neets are met and that the safety of the shelter is maintained at all times. Hours will vary each week according to staffing needs.
Responsible for oversight, coordination, care and safety of program residents throughout their stay in the Family Caring Center. The position requires: Lifting between 25–30 pounds, walking bending, sitting and standing during the performance of duties. Preparation and serving of meals and cleaning of kitchen.
The Program Assistant to Kids Café programs is responsible for the successful operation of the After-school and summer day camp program. He/She recruits children and volunteer from nearby colleges and High Schools to assist with reading and math. Also will train and manages them and ensure a quality program. This position is requires acknowledgement of The Salvation Army Mission.
Hours: 25 Hours/ week (Monday- Friday, 1:30pm to 6:30 pm.) Additional hours for Corps Cadet Class, planning or special projects may request from the Corps Officer.
The QIDP works within an ICF (Intermediate Care Facility) to ensure each client's active treatment program is integrated, coordinated and monitored. The QIDP works directly with clients and paraprofessionals, non-professional and other program staff who work with clients. They must be able to participate as part of the interdisciplinary team in relevant aspects of the active treatment process. Also participates in on-going staff development and training in both formal and informal settings. They will ensure the individuals receive the highest standard of services required. They will ensure that all services are coordinated and implemented as needed and must be able to travel, have good writing skills, articulate and be an aggressive advocate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do the most good in their own community.
The Salvation Army Empire State Division is currently seeking a part-time Crisis Services Associate for the Anew Center located in Jamestown, NY. The Crisis Services Associate position exists to assist the Shelter Manager and the Anew Center Program Director in the delivery of Anew Center programs and services. The Salvation Army Anew Center provides services in Chautauqua County including the Residential Domestic Violence Program-Agnes Home, The Non-Residential Domestic Violence Program, and the Rape Crisis Program.
The Salvation Army offers a truly excellent benefits package to eligible part-time employees, including:
- Generous time off every year that includes paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment).
- Sprint and Verizon Wireless Discounts.
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans, including Short Term Disability, AFLAC, and Voluntary Term Life.
- Involvement in the total operation with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities, children with problems, daily assembly, etc.
- General maintenance of all Salvation Army property including parking lot areas; General building upkeep.
- Receiving of all deliveries and ensuring that they are securely packed and covered in Storage room.
- After packing away delivered items in pantry and storage area, make sure that all spills are swept and mopped.
- Perform minor repairs such as ceiling, tile changing, stopping of leaks wherever required, etc.
- Clean and maintain in front of building by keeping area clean at all times.
- Order supplies given in written form to the Corps Officer for approval, who then passes it on for the Secretary to complete.
- To provide a clean and healthy atmosphere to those attending, visiting, and seeking assistance from The Salvation Army.
- To clean, organize, and maintain the corps building.
- To invest in the lives of children and teens, developing and maintaining relational ministry opportunities.
- To create affordable programming otherwise unavailable to disadvantaged and at-risk children, particularly in Christian education and the creative arts.
- To conduct an ongoing and aggressive evangelical ministry with the specific purpose of introducing children to Jesus Christ.
- To provide an environment in which children can grow and mature in faith and holiness.
- Make the most of every opportunity to minister, pray, and present the gospel of Jesus Christ to those in your sphere of influence.