Click column header to sort
Under the supervision of the group teacher, the teacher-aide shall be responsible for:
WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY of the day care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures. To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide day care for children which takes considers the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child. To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children. To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director or other designated person so that necessary action may be taken. To participate in planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning. To participate in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program. To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program. To participate in discussions aimed at developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
Under the supervision of the group teacher, the assistant teacher shall be responsible for:
WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY of the child care
center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures. To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide child care for children which considers the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individuals child. To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director of other designated person so that necessary action may be taken. To share responsibility for planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning. To assist in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program. To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program. To assist in developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and Developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
The Corps Office and Operations Manager will serve in a critical support role to the Corps Officers in a leadership role and be intimately and integrally involved in the overall ministry of the Corps. The Corps Office and Operations Manager will engage as directed by the Corps Officers with leadership responsibilities and will assume leadership, as directed, of the Corps’ operations, in the absence of all appointed Officers. Under the direct supervision of the Corps Officers, the Corps Office and Operations Manager will oversee all corps administrative and facility operations by maintaining office systems and supervising staff.
Under the guidance of the Director of Property Services, analyze and process proposals and documentation relating to property related projects for the Greater New York Division, ensuring that the projects are handled properly and in the best interests of The Salvation Army.
DEPARTMENT: Social Services
REPORTS TO: Emergency Shelter Supervisor
SCHEDULE: On Call,
FUNCTION: To monitor the guest in emergency shelter, ensure the safety of all guests, intakes when needed, clean rooms when guests leave the shelter, maintain confidentiality of all guests.
LOCATION IS LIMA, OHIO
Reports to: Corps Officers
Status: Full Time
Schedule: varies based on programming needs
Function: The Corps Program Assistant will build corps programs, strengthen corps ability to grow memberships with the corps and aid the officer in the overall peration of the corps to assure efficient and effective operation of the corps ministry. This individual will also be responsible for exploring and implementing new program initiatives.
Under the supervision of the educational director of the center, the group teacher shall be Responsible for WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SPONSORING AGENCY of the day care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures; observing the schedules in the center and adhering to its established personnel policies and practices.
Partnering with The Salvation Army Bushwick has a bell ringer in an effort to raise funds at our familiar Red Kettle stands, across NYC, to make wishes come true for the less fortunate in the Bushwick Community.
LOCATION: ATHENS, OHIO
STATUS: Non Exempt
SCHEDULE: Part Time
FUNCTION: Makes sure pantry is neat, clean, and stocked at all times
Under the direction of the corps officer, the maintenance supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment of the Bushwick Corps. The maintenance supervisor is also responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems within the Bushwick Corps property and building.
Location: Cincinnati Nights of Lights, Old Coney, 6201 Kellogg Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45230
Support the Love Your Neighbor Kettle Campaign, which helps fulfill the needs of the hungry, homeless, ill, and lonely. This position is seasonal from November 9, 2018 - December 30, 2018.
Does not include Sundays and holidays.
- Position Title
- Responsible to
Responsible to the Children’s Learning Center Director
- Education Requirements
EEC qualified and/or BA degree in Early Childhood Education or have a Child Development Associate. Applicant must have First Aid and CPR training, physical stamina and the ability to relate well with children and adults. Applicant must have a strong background in supervision and three years teaching experience in ECE. Applicant must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Work Experience
EEC requires health documents, four (4) particular ECE courses, Director 2 qualified, at least eighteen (18) months of day care and one year (12 months) of after school experience.
- Other Qualifications
The Education Coordinator is responsible for supervising the Educational Milieu component of the Children’s Learning Center including supervision of the Teachers, Group Leaders, curriculum, referrals, coordinating volunteer assignments, tasks and supervision. The Education Coordinator must be flexible regarding the operation of the Center, telephone answering and classroom coverage. The Education Coordinator is responsible for other administrative duties in the absence of the Program Director and Site Coordinator.
- Principal Functions
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of the CLC School’s curriculum, for supervising the Teaching staff and supervising children’s participation in all aspects of the program. The Education Coordinator will conduct classroom management meetings as require by the Director, teacher and parent needs and at the request of the Assistant Social Services Director.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- The Education Coordinator is responsible for conducting the initial interview with prospective staff and teacher evaluations (verbally quarterly and written bi-annually).
- The Education Coordinator will make referrals to other service providers as needed with monitoring and accurately documenting the status of such referrals.
- The Education Coordinator will ensure that classrooms and the educational milieu is clean and appropriate for a child care setting. The Education Coordinator will supervise student participation in the center’s program i.e. field placements, field trips, coordinating with classroom teachers the required evaluations and scheduling of parent/teacher meetings.
- The Education Coordinator will work with the Director and the Assistant Social Services Director as part of administration of the Children’s Learning Center. The Education Coordinator is responsible for:
- Attending all full staff meetings, teaching staff meetings, and parent meeting for the school age program.
- The Education Coordinator is responsible for substituting in the classroom when it’s needed, serve as a backup when staff are out.
- The Education Coordinator will take action in case of an emergency in the absence of the Director under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Social Services.
- The Education Coordinator will foster a nurturing atmosphere:
- Assure that a method of positive discipline is used at all times
- Make sure that all aspects of the classrooms are running smoothly; transitions, nap time, health and safety procedures, etc.
- Complete progress reports for each child. Meet with parents to discuss their child’s progress. Evaluate each child’s needs and set appropriate goals.
- Ensure that staff completes daily journals for each child with a brief summary of how they were each day.
- Maintain a safe, stable and loving environment.
- Make sure the classroom is clean, the materials are stocked, and the door is locked at the end of the day.
- Communicate with and brainstorm ideas with teachers and administration. Be willing to implement innovative ideas into the classrooms in order to improve the lives of the children we serve.
- Complete referrals when needed. Assist staff with the referral process.
- The Education Coordinator will assist the Director and all Salvation Army staff in ensuring that the Children’s Learning Center continues to provide a high-quality program to the families we serve. This position will work as a team player and continue to pursue activities to further the program’s capacity as well as all professional development.
- Become familiar with and follow through with EEC regulations, center policy, and Salvation Army policies.
- The Education Coordinator will order materials and supplies (within budget guidelines) and with approval. Make sure that all documents (application packets, handbooks, etc.) are stocked and readily available.
- Assist with fundraising efforts and representing the Day Care at special events.
- Integrate the spiritual mission of The Salvation Army into the day care program when possible and when appropriate.
- Perform all duties in compliance with The Salvation Army’s policy and regulations governing staff.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this important position. The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. It is expected that each employee will be familiar with The Salvation Army Handbook for Employees. Questions regarding its contents can be directed toward the Human Resource Department or Immediate Supervisor.
The Program Director will work with the Site Coordinator in managing the program in adherence to the New York State School-Age Child Care regulations, as well as government contracts. He/she will monitor and support his/her staff and implement student curriculum activities. Familiarity with the student population served is essential.
The Salvation Army is hiring!
We are seeking a full-time Resident Assistant for the Safehouse Domestic Violence Shelter in Elmira, NY.
The Resident Assistant is responsible for maintaining a safe, secure, comfortable, and supportive environment for residents of the Safehouse, which provides temporary emergency housing for victims of Domestic Violence.
Teaching Artists will be responsible for creating a fun, safe, and joyful atmosphere for students to thrive in. They will strive to make each child feel like an asset while communicating the musical and social missions of the program. Evaluations will be conducted by the Director, and professional training will be conducted each year by distinguished outside consultants and other specialists in the field.
Monday – Tuesday 4:00 – 6:00 PM
Wednesday Thursday – 3:00 – 5:00 PM
One Saturday a month - 9:00 AM – Noon
Special Performances when necessary
The Direct Support Professional works directly with persons being served in program activities, both in the home and in the community. When functioning as Medical Assistant is directly accountable to the R.N for duties specific to medical domains as described. Direct Support Professional has the overall responsibility for the direct care and development of each individual by providing assistance and training in skills attainment. Function at a full capacity within your job description and requirement.
Service Coordination Function:
The agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all individuals of service. This requires that the staff assess the individual's needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the individuals with services needed-internal or external to the agency, regardless of the door to which the individuals enters the system. This coordinating role includes the following:
- Assess the needs of the whole individuals/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
- Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the individual's families' needs.
- Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of an individual’s family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program.
- Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.