Position: Human Resources Manager
Department: Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: FT, 40+ hours per week
Reporting Relationship: Operations Ministry Director
Salary and Grade: $57,000-$65,000 per year – commensurate with experience, 13 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit packages to eligible employees including:
The Human Resources Manager will give oversight and complete personnel management work related to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, career development, termination, or retirement of the employed staff of the RJKCCC. Such oversight must be in cooperation with the Divisional Human Resources Department and operations must be compliant with the Territorial Employee Manual.
• Maintain a practical and legal plan for hiring and on-boarding employees for the RJKCCC in accordance with The Salvation Army (TSA) policy and all pertinent state and federal laws.
• Process all new hire packet forms; including payroll, background check, benefits, etc., and submit to Divisional Human Resources as required by policy.
• Provide on-site direction with respect to employee termination notification and processing that is in accordance with TSA policy and all pertinent state and federal laws.
• Seek to improve organizational effectiveness through a formal, ongoing, job-related training schedule for all employees.
• Develop and maintain an effective employee recruitment strategy that will attract qualified applicants to open positions throughout the center.
• Supervise HR Administrative Support staff
• Attend staff meetings and Kroc staff leadership meetings, as required.
• Maintain/update Kroc Center policies related to Human Resources, including state and federal mandates in the workplace.
• Maintain a relevant new hire onboarding program that seeks to engage employees to the Mission of TSA and provides new hires with a plan for successful employment.
• Inform all employees of policy changes and updates, including, but not limited to, the Kroc team handbook, dress code, etc., securing signatures of notification receipt, as needed.
• Oversee the maintenance of accurate, complete, and functional employee files, including worker’s compensation, and health care and short/long-term disability plans, as well as the employee educational grant program.
• Maintain employee record keeping process to ensure confidentiality and completeness of information regarding salary, vacation, evaluations, leaves of absences, and personal employee data, etc. as required by law.
• Supervise the payroll data collection and submission process.
• Provide data and prepare reports pertaining to work force statistics, absenteeism, tardiness and employment turnover by department and job classification.
• Organize and operate the Human Resources Department of the RJKCCC, ensuring that all work is processed in a prompt and professional manner.
• Work collaboratively with department leaders to ensure that all employment requirements and qualifications are met prior to the probationary employment period.
• Supply electronic version or conduct exit interview, as appropriate.
• Encourage, support, and assist in building positive working relationships between leaders and frontline staff.
• In collaboration with department leaders, develop/update job descriptions that reflect program needs, licensing requirements, funding requirements, state/federal laws, and the mission of the RJKCCC.
• Post all available job openings in accordance with the divisional internal job posting policy, accepting and processing all resumes from applicants.
• Forward all resumes to department leaders for review of candidates for open positions.
• Work cooperatively with the Divisional Compensation and Benefits Administrator regarding worker’s compensation, and leaves of absences involving employee disabilities and/or Family Medical Leave.
• Review all Personnel Authorization Forms and supporting documents, ensuring changes are reasonable and within TSA policy prior to forwarding documents for approval by the Kroc Administrator.
• Provide pertinent information regarding personnel issues and TSA policies to all employees, as needed and requested.
• Relate to all employees in a professional manner, treating all with dignity and respect.
• Forward all employment related legal notices immediately to the Kroc Center Administrator and the Divisional HR Director.
• Ensure the appropriate execution of Divisional compensation and performance review policies.
• Ensure the Kroc Center’s time and attendance technology is state-of-the-art, efficient and compliant with the requirements of the Divisional Payroll Department.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field of study. Master’s Degree is preferred. Possess knowledge of relevant state and federal employment and labor laws. Five years of Human Resources work experience, including 2 years of supervisory experience in a not-for-profit work environment. PHR Certification preferred. Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and written. Possess critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Dedicated to excellent customer service within the Human Resources function. Experience in addressing large groups of employees. Must complete PA State Mandatory Reporter Course. As a Mandated Reporter, must provide proof of having completed training on recognizing and reporting child abuse meeting the training standards of PA Act 153 of 2014 within 30 days of employment with recurrent training required every five years thereafter. Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record Check. Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Contact: Please send, fax or email your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army Kroc Center
Human Resources Department
4200 Wissahickon Ave,
Philadelphia, PA, 19129
No phone calls please.
Released by the Kroc Center Human Resources Department 10/5/23
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 2121