Click column header to sort
The Maintenance/Handyperson is responsible to perform routine repairs in and around the facility while adhering to a standard that meets all outside monitoring requirements to ensure a safe and clean environment for our individual’s homes. Additionally, the Maintenance/Handyperson is responsible to participate in the duties of the regular cleaning and sanitizing of the property. The Maintenance/Handyperson ensures the proper maintenance and upkeep of the facility. The maintenance Worker reports to the QA/Training Coordinator. Function at a full capacity within your job description and requirement
Location/Department: New Haven Corps (New Haven, CT)
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Hours Per Week: 30
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 1:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Scope & Purpose of Position:
Administer and manage the Bridging the Gap (BTG) program to ensure the program objectives are met for The Salvation Army in Greater New Haven.
The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do good in their own community.
The Greater Things After School Program has an immediate opening for a part-time Program Assistant to ensure a safe and educational learning environment for young children by successfully implementing the program curriculum and daily program activities. This position will typically work Monday-Friday, 2:00pm-6:00pm. Friday hours are flexible.
Position: Residential Program Coordinator for DDP Montgomery County
Department: Developmental Disabilities Program
Availability of Position: Immediately (2 positions available)
Schedule: Full time, hours vary, on-call responsibilities
Reporting Relationship: Program Director for DDP Montgomery County
Salary and Grade: $35,000; 10 Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition Program
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
The Program Director will work with the Site Coordinator in managing the program in adherence to the New York State School-Age Child Care regulations, as well as government contracts. He/she will monitor and support his/her staff and implement student curriculum activities. Familiarity with the student population served is essential.
Supervise children during day camp, lead activities and assist Program Director with implementation of daily program.
Handle general office procedures of The Monessen Salvation Army as it relates to interactions within the Corps/Community Center and within the Mon-Valley Community at large.
The Salvation Army is hiring! We are seeking individuals with a passion for helping others, and a desire to do the most good in their own community.
The Bridging the Gap Program in Oswego, NY has an immediate opening for a part-time Program Assistant.This program offers a 12-week long life skills curriculum to adolescents who are at risk of becoming or are first time criminal offenders.
This position will be scheduled to work 5 hours per day, 3 days per week. The primary duties are to support the program Director and Assistant Director during daytime classroom instruction and assist with preparation and delivery of meals to students. Additionally, the Program Assistant will work with the Assistant Director to conduct a weekly night session to a smaller group of students.
The Salvation Army offers these benefits to eligible part-time employees:
- Paid time off every year that includes holidays, vacation time, and sick time.
- Sprint and Verizon Wireless Discounts.
Under the supervision of the educational director of the center, the group teacher shall be responsible for WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SPONSORING AGENCY of the day care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures; observing the schedules in the center and adhering to its established personnel policies and practices.
The Salvation Army is hiring!
We are currently seeking a part-time Lead Program Assistant for the Greater Things After School Program in Albany, NY. This position will assist with the implementation of an after school program that will enrich student's academic, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
This position will be scheduled 20 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Under the supervision of the Educational Director of the center, the Group Teacher (UPK) shall be responsible for the implementation of the educational curriculum and the daily operations of the preschool classroom.
The Developmental Disabilities Services Quality Assurance Specialist work in conjunction Quality Assurance and Training Coordinator independently from DDS management and staff in order to be able to conduct objective program audits at the several DDS, ICF, IRA and Family Care homes. It is the desire of The Salvation Army to provide the highest level of service to its DDS residents. To accomplish this The QA staff will conduct scheduled and unscheduled inspections, audits and investigations to assess the quality of service provided at the several ICF and IRA homes and well as Family Care facilities in The Salvation Army’s DDS network. Is able to function at a full capacity within your job description and requirement. The agency has embraced the concept of a fully integrated system of care for all individuals of service. This requires that all staff assesses the individual's needs holistically and see it as their responsibility to connect the individuals with services needed-internal or external to the agency, regardless of which of the individuals enters the system. Assess the needs of the whole individuals/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter. Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the individual's families' needs. Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of an individual’s family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program. Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure and Other Duties as assigned.
The Assistant Bookkeeper will work on the general Journal, General Ledger and trial balance. The Assistant Bookkeeper will be trained by the Bookkeeper to perform all bookkeeping functions as needed in the bookkeeper’s absence. Because of variations in the needs of individual centers, directors and bookkeepers must confer together to establish priorities and determine the most effective division of the bookkeeping workload in a given situation.
The helper shall perform his/her general duties under the supervision of the director, and when assigned to food service responsibilities, under the supervision of the cook. The helper performs functions related to housekeeping, food service and the maintenance and distribution of supplies. In additional, the helper is expected to accept training related to food preparation and cooking so that he/she may substitute for the cook when agreed or required (emergency).
The Salvation Army reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the job duties. Employee may be required to carry out other duties as assigned.
- Position Title
- Responsible to
- Education Requirements
High School Diploma
- Work Experience
- Other Qualifications
Problem solving capability
- Principal Functions
Responsible for the maintenance and security of The Salvation Army building
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep building clean and make minor repairs as needed.
- Responsible for the exterior areas of the Corps building, keeping them in clean, safe order. Empty butt cans, sweep sidewalks; remove snow on Corps property as needed. Try to keep all doorways clear and clean.
- Prepare all meeting rooms as requested for Salvation Army programming and outside use of rooms
- Maintain building equipment as directed
- Maintain, on a daily basis, those areas of the Corps Building that needs attention and cleaning:
Keep windows washed and free from clutter.
- Responsible for the security of the building, including the alarm system
- Alert Corps Commanding Officer to those items that need to be ordered to maintain the cleanliness of the building.
- Assist with pickups, including: children, adults, volunteers for Corps Programs and Activities, food, supplies and gift-in-kind, Seasonal Workers and War Cry sellers.
- Assist in the pick up donated bread items at various grocery and department stores.
- Remove all trash from the interior of the Corps Building and place in dumpster located in parking lot. Maintain area surrounding dumpster in a clean, orderly fashion, free of debris and litter.
- Assist Corps Commanding Officer in Holiday setup, distribution and cleanup.
- Keep store rooms containing supplies and food for Miracle Kitchen and food pantry in clean, orderly fashion.
- Receive donations at the Corps Building and take appropriate information for the file and thank you letter
- Coordinate the packing of bread items that are received daily for distribution to the needy in our Community.
- Assist Corps Commanding Officer with making Bank Deposits as needed.
- Be on call for emergencies as needed.
- Assist in other areas as needed and requested by Corps Commanding Officer.
Clean and maintenance of ALL areas in and around the outside of the Salvation Army building
Clean and maintain outreach vehicle, and cooking equipment
Clean bathrooms, hallways, stairs, chapel, offices, etc
To assist the Corps Officer(s) in the overall maintenance and upkeep of the building.
Under the direction of Corps Officers, the security and maintenance personnel help to ensure the building properly cleaned and sanitary for staff and visitors into the building. Maintain the Chapel clean and in order.
WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY of the day care center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures.
To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide day care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individuals child.
To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director or other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
To participate in planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
To participate in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program.
To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.