TITLE: Resident Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Wilmington Emergency Housing Residence
REPORTS TO: Director of Emergency Housing
AVAILABILITY: Immediately (3 positions available)
SCHEDULE: On-Call all shifts and weekends as well as Part-Time shifts
SALARY and GRADE: $11.75 p/hour; 71 Non-Exempt
Position Overview: The function of the Resident Advisor is to ensure the security and well-being of the residents, assist residents with their immediate needs, and to help ensure the smooth operation of the shelter.
· Answer the office phone in a professional, business-like manner.
· Write down messages for residents and place them in their mailboxes.
· Walk through each floor of the building for a visual inspection every 45 minutes.
· Attend to and report emergency needs as they occur.
· Report any suspected or observed child abuse to Program Director.
· Ensure that residents sign in and out as they enter/leave the building.
· Check resident keys in and out of the intake office
· Read and maintain a shift log recording all pertinent activities that occur on the shift.
· Keep a record of all resident mail received at the shelter and place mail in mail slots.
· Serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and evening snack at the posted time
· Complete the Meal Count form for all children who participate in breakfast, dinner and evening snack.
· Assist with laundry - wash, dry, fold and store in linen closet.
· Ensure that residents are assigned chores
· Report all emergencies or problems to the Program Director.
· Attend all Salvation Army Staff meetings as required.
· A high school diploma or GED.
· Must be able to work independently, work well with groups and be able to demonstrate good judgement and interpersonal skills.
· Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
· Candidate must be able to obtain clearance required by the Joseph R. Biden III and the Child Protection Act.
Contact: Please send, email or fax your resume along with a cover letter with salary expectation to:
The Salvation Army, Human Resources
PO Box 308,
Wilmington, DE 19899
Or go to: http://careers-usesalvationarmy.icims.com
Updated by the Divisional Human Resources Department on 5/24/23.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1384
Software Powered by iCIMS