Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The kitchen supervisor is a vital part of the social service ministry of the Salvation Army. They will help ensure that meals served in the soup kitchen are prepared and served with excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plan menus weekly
• Prepare meals for approximately 60 people 3 times a week
• Supervise kitchen volunteers from the community
• Understand and adhere to all health code requirements and related expectations
• Be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the property
• Be responsible for any other item consistent with cooking, storing, serving of food including operation of the soup kitchen as determined by the Corps Officer
• Place Food orders for the Soup Kitchen
• Keep track of Supplies and reorder when necessary
• Complete Volunteer, community Service, and Department of Social Services paperwork in a timely manner.
• Attend weekly Staff meetings
• Stock and inventory stored food
• Give all Soup kitchen volunteers proper orientation and training to ensure health and safety guidelines are followed
• Assist the Corps Officer in developing further strategies to find and sustain funding for the Soup Kitchen
• Actively recruit volunteers/groups to help with the Soup Kitchen
• Assist with picking up food donations
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Work requires High School Diploma/GED with one year applicable work experience in Kitchen/Food Service management.
• Experience in purchasing methods and procedures including cost containment and inventory control.
• Excellent oral and written communication and proficient computer skills.
• Must be able to use commercial kitchen equipment
• Requires a valid Driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.