The Youth Ministries Specialist is a member of Campus Ministries with the responsibility to assist in the pastoral care and overall ministry leadership of the youth at CFOT. This ministry requires a commitment to love young people and their leaders and to lead them in spiritual growth.
· Assist in providing pastoral care to the youth at CFOT and serve as a group leader to teens and school age children of the CFOT.
· Help to plan and execute Children/Teen Worship services as needed.
· Support and assist the Campus Ministries Program Coordinator (CMPC) in the creation of a Spiritual Development Plan for school age children and teens.
· Help to plan and execute spiritual activities of teens, including teen worship, retreat and youth councils.
· Meet regularly with Youth Ministries' team and leaders to review goals.
· Help plan and execute Campus Ministries for campus-wide family events.
· Maintain cleanliness in Teen Ministries rooms.
· Must be available to work on Sundays, as required.
· Provide transportation to Campus Ministries’ children in Salvation Army vehicles assigned to Campus Ministries.
· Maintain inventory and replenish Teen Ministries supplies (i.e. program, school, and snacks).
· Provide supervision of Junior High and High School students during specified times as outlined by the CFOT.
· Perform other youth related duties at the request of the Campus Ministries Program Coordinator (CMPC) and Campus Ministries Director (CMD).
· Assist the CMPC in planning trips/activities for teens on public school holidays, Christmas season, etc.
· Provide assistance in any CM campus-wide happening that relates to teens.
· Report any concerns about adolescents and families which may require intervention.
· Follow New York State guidelines for Mandated Reporting.
· Participate in weekly staff meetings.
· Participate in monthly parent meetings.
· Follow all CFOT and CM policies and procedures.
· Perform any additional duties related to the care of children and teens, as requested by their supervisor.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year college or technical school and/or one to three years of related experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver's License.
Must be well organized and able to prioritize.
Ability to work collaboratively with other team members.
Must be flexible and available to work weekends.