Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Building relationships with Tompkins County agencies dealing with homelessness, substance abuse and housing is the main objective. Seeking out local housing agencies, landlords and other nonprofit organizations and monitor housing availabilities to match them with the individuals and families in need of supportive or permanent housing. Coordinate events or programs that help the ministry of The Salvation Army. Working directly with individuals who have recently been housed to assist them in their journey to a more stable housing situation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Responsible, respectful, positive role model and be able to follow instructions.
• Must have a High School Diploma, and Minimum of 3 years’ experience in this line of work.
• Well Organized and sensitive to individual’s cases.
• Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Word, and others as required.
• Public speaking and face to face networking is a must.
• Valid New York Driver’s License accepted by The Salvation Army’s insurance.
• Must have a compassionate and caring demeanor towards people and a Love for God.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.