We are conducting virtual Zoom and phone interviews in lieu of in-person!
At The Salvation Army, we service individuals with compassion, with hope and without discrimination. We are a private non-profit organization offering opportunities for a meaningful and challenging career in the health and human services field. We are seeking an individual that shares our vision of partnering with individuals and the community to foster hope, wellness, and recovery. Apply today and learn about why you would make a great addition to the Salvation Army Family! The Salvation Army – Doing the most good.
We are currently seeking a Care Coordinator / Care manager to join our thriving Health Home, Case Management Program in the Bronx, NY.
Provide case management/advocacy services to an assigned caseload and participate as a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team to facilitate the client recovery/rehabilitation process. Below is a list of duties:
· Assisting clients in gaining access to entitlements and benefits, health, and human services, including preparation and coordination of applications
· Perform telehealth and community-based activities such as home visits
· Participates in assessment to determine client needs/preferences; formulates and implements treatment, transition, and discharge/continuing care planning collaboratively with clients.
· Ensures maintenance of accurate, complete, timely and high-quality client records and reporting of client information that comply with external regulatory standards and agency policy and procedure.
· Complies with HIPAA privacy regulations and is a New York State mandated reporter.
· Works cooperatively with other staff as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
· Functions as a liaison/advocate to clients’ families and/or other agencies as needed.
· Provides crisis intervention/management, generating referrals to providers
· Attends workshops, conferences, and staff development training seminars on current practices other service providers, as indicated.
· Performs other duties as requested.
What we can do for you:
· Work that makes a difference and impacts your community
· Experienced leadership and supervision towards license/certifications
We also offer
· Generous Paid Time Off- 10 vacation, 12 sick, 2 personal plus paid holidays
· Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
· 401b Pension
· Flexible Spending and Commuter Benefits Accounts
· Short-term & long-term disability, life and AFLACK insurance
· Personalized training to grow your potential
Job Type: Full-time, 35 hours per week
· Bachelor’s degree preferred in health or human services related fields. Associate degree in health or human services related fields.
· Bilingual required.
· Experience or interest working with chronic illnesses, substance abuse, mental illness, and homelessness.
· Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations served.
· Ability to set appropriate limits with clients and co-workers.
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills and organizational skills.
· Able to work 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday during normal business hours, or as needed to carry out the job responsibilities.