· Keep an up-to-date inventory for food in Pantry for the Groceries stored
· Keep people’s records in file organized and up to date.
· Prepare grocery Items to be distributed ahead of time
· Coordinate and organized volunteers for distribution day
· Distribute the Groceries during Food Pantry Program Schedule
· Receive and check accuracy of deliveries against orders.
· Keep storage area clean and organized according to department of health’s standards.
· Attend meetings with food providers.
· Renew grant applications annually
· Report monthly statistics to Feed NYC.
· Help at the Soup Kitchen on the food Preparation.
· Answer the phone when is needed
· Work closely with the Corps Officer’s
· Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations in a professional manner.
· Schedule will be. Mon, Wed, Thur. and Fri. 10:00AM – 4:00PM
· Lunchtime will be discussed upon being hired as New Food Pantry Director. However, occasional changes will be made in hours to assist in program functions of The Salvation Army.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Computer Knowledge in Microsoft applications.
· Good Organizational skills.
· Able to work well under pressure.
· Professional communication skills.
· Some knowledge with Social Service.
· Excellent written, verbal, filing, skills
· Language Skills: bilingual (Spanish) preferred
· Reliable, able to multitask.
· Detailed orientated and a team player.