Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise assigned age group; including homework help and activities rotation.
- Keep children’s work area uncluttered.
- Meet weekly with supervisor to discuss planning, activity briefing, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Complete and file reports regarding programs, activities, disciplinary or accident issues in a timely, neat, and orderly manner.
- Must have academic competency and an ability to assist children with their homework for grades K-6. Must be willing to learn common core mathematics and refresh on their own academic skills if necessary.
- Assist in preparing and cleaning up after meals (meals are delivered and need to be warmed up)
- Follow budget and accounting for programs under Corps Officers leadership.
- The above duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive and may be modified to include other job-related duties at the discretion of the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have ability to plan, organize and implement quality children’s program.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have ability to supervise children.
- Willing to be trained on Children’s educational software and programs. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suites and the Internet.
- Interest in education and development of children for success.
- All three PA Clearances required upon employment and thereafter upon renewal date: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Request for Criminal Record, and Fingerprint based federal criminal history.
- PA Mandated and Permissive Reporting and The Salvation Army's KeepSAfe training required.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License
- Must have flexible hours to coincide with the Oil City School District’s schedule. Work schedule will change based on District’s schedule. All virtual – day hours. hybrid – combination of day and/or after school hours. Regular hours – after school hours. Up to 25 hours a week.