Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Care Manager 3 (high acuity) provides outreach and enrollment services to children presumed to meet eligibility requirements of New York State’s Children’s Health Home program in Oswego and Cayuga County. They gather assessments and enter documentation that confirms eligibility and identifies areas requiring supportive services. They work with children, families and service providers to create a comprehensive Plan of Health Care, identify additional service providers as necessary, and coordinate the continuing involvement of families and service providers in the execution of the plan. Care Manager 3 documents progress and arrange for eventual transition between health homes as necessary, or from health homes to other levels of service following changes in eligibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Document all case activity, including outreach, consent development and assessment, plan development, client progress and transition arrangements.
• Responsible for a caseload of 12 high acuity kids or a mixed acuity caseload of 20-25 kids.
• Responsible for actively pursuing referrals for the program.
• Administer CANS-NY, updating periodically.
• Develop a comprehensive, family-driven youth-guided Plan of Health Care.
• Inventory and coordinate existing services relevant to the Plan of Care, identifying and securing additional services as appropriate.
• Convene and conduct quarterly meetings to review progress, update POCs, and confirm continuing client eligibility.
• Provide education to family and child concerning the nature and desired effect of services, along with information concerning conditions being treated.
• Assist families and children in the acquisition and maintenance of public benefits e.g., financial, educational, social, and community services.
• Provide Health Home services for children with high acuity needs, including at least two services per month, with at least one of those conducted face to face.
• Assure responsible transition of client service into and out of Health Home care, between child and adult health homes, and between inpatient and community care as appropriate.
• Participate in mandatory and optional training.
• Participate in supervision.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree with three years of experience; Master’s Degree with one – two years of experience preferred.
• Relevant experience in serving children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, behavioral health, primary health care, or social services
• Experience coordinating and participating in team settings
• Solid writing and verbal communication
• Work effectively and knowledgeably across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities
• Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when self-directed and beyond immediate oversight
• Ability to deliver family-driven, youth-guided services
• Requires computer proficiency including word processing skills and the ability to provide culturally competent practice
• Must have valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
• Must have access to a vehicle to provide home visits and outreach services
• Provide assistance and /or intervention with children
• Perform all duties associated with job responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.