Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Driver/Maintenance/Food Assistant worker will pick up food donations from local grocery stores Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri and provide janitorial and maintenance support for the corps building. They will also assist with sorting, organizing and keeping food storage tidy as well assist with weekly food distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Pick up and sort food donations for distribution.
• Daily responsibility for the maintenance and cleanliness of the grounds, surrounding the corps properties including the parking lots, walkways, lawns, dumpster area etc.
• Keeps vehicles up to date on inspections, registrations and repairs.
• Assists with weekly food distribution.
• Assist in the acquisition, organization, and distribution of donated and purchased food for corps programs
• Assist with soup kitchen as needed.
• Maintain order and organization in the storage & Pantry area
• Communicates with officers about necessary repairs and calling in professionals.
• Set/clean up for special events
• Represent the Salvation Army’s interests
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Must have a clean driving record and valid License.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.