· Request all complete Social Security Disability (SSD), Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid benefits applications from the programs.
· Screen individuals for potential eligibility for disability SSI/SSDI/Medicaid benefits.
· File individuals Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) applications and appeals accurately and timely.
· Establish a list of case needs for disability claimants.
· Obtain all pertinent medical records and lay evidence for review and submission to the legal record.
· Research applicable rules and regulations.
· Interview claimants for medical and functional summary reports.
· Attend disability related appointments with doctors and the Social Security Administration offices.
· Communicate with External medical providers and Medicaid Service Manager.
· Maintain statistical spreadsheets and progress notes.
· Remain up-to-date with changes in Medicaid and Social Security Disability benefits.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings and staff training as applicable.
· Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations.
· Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
· Complete monthly Medicaid checks in EPACE for all individuals.
· Represent BEST at community meetings or events as directed.
· Reviews referral packages and provides applicable follow-up.
· Completes consumer profiles for all new referral packages.
· Updates the Salvation Army Wait List as needed.
· Attend capacity meeting within all boroughs certified to identify individuals
· Screens individuals for placement and retrieves necessary paperwork to complete placement process.
· Follow-up with families via letters and phones calls to complete screening process.
· Monitors and tracks status of placement in all facilities including filtering referral packets to all programs that has vacancies.
· Complete all placement requirements for the DDS program.
· Weekly meeting and follow up regarding placement.
· Maintain communication with OPWDD monthly regarding vacancies.
· All other essential functions and responsibilities deemed necessary and appropriate by your supervisors.
· Associate Degree Preferred in Human Services or related field
· 2-year experience working with Social Security Benefits & Medicaid.
· 1 year of minimum experience in training of developmentally disabled.
· Demonstrates a high level of respect and consideration for the residents being served.
· Excellent organizational, time management & interpersonal skills.
· People skills with experience working in customer service.
· Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.
· A Valid Driver's License is preferred.