Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Food Pantry Intake Worker will be responsible for meeting with clients that are requesting assistance, answering the phone, ordering of supplies for the food pantry and other supplies as requested by the Corps Officers. This individual must maintain Clinton County Health Department protocols and meet Regional Food Bank standards, maintain volunteer records, as well as meet or exceed The Salvation Army standard for Corps and client files. This individual must work in an autonomous manner and be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with others. In addition, this individual must meet supply ordering deadlines, as well as forwarding food tracking and statistical data to the Corps Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High School diploma/GED.
• Must be well organized and efficient with the ability to multi-task.
• Must possess a high-level of professionalism and cultural competence with ability to communicate with all levels of staff, volunteers and external customers.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, proficient and accurate data entry skills plus grammar and proofreading skills.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
• Must be prepared to use a computer for a large portion of the job.
• Must be willing to learn in house computer programs
• Must be willing to learn new software as it is updated.
• Must be capable of maintaining detailed report summaries.
• Valid Driver’s License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements and be able to drive a 12-passenger van.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.