Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Food Recovery Driving Assistant will assist in assuring all Food Recovery donations reach those who are in need. This individual will help obtain the Food Recovery donations from the individual sources, help transport, help sort and pack, and finally help disseminate the Food Recovery donations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must be well organized and efficient with the ability to multi-task.
• Must possess a high-level of professionalism and cultural competence with ability to communicate with all levels of staff, volunteers, and external customers.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding clientele.
• Maintain a happy and professional work environment.
• Must have some computer knowledge.
• Valid Driver’s License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements, be able to drive a 12-passenger van and 18-foot box truck.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.