The Salvation Army is hiring for a Social Ministries Case Worker at our Boston Central Corps and offers the following benefit package to full-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
*This is a full-time position (30 hrs/week) at $15/hr to $17/hr
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Services degree preferred.
- Minimum of Two Years Experience in Social Services Field
- Embraces the whole mission of The Salvation Army
- Requires good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Requires proven written and verbal skills applied in a professional manner.
- Must possess an interest and ability to work with people of diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic background in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
- Requires a high level of initiative and the ability to work without direct supervision in routine matters.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, and judgment
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish
The Social Ministries Case Worker Provide social services to clients seeking assistance. This position interviews, assesses and delivers the appropriate service/assistance required to meet the various needs of clients with local and state resources as available.