Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Care Manager provides comprehensive care management services to children and adults presumed to meet eligibility requirements of New York State Health Home program. They will gather documentation that confirms eligibility for the program and work with clients to assess and identify areas requiring supportive services. (Children’s Health Homes) The care manager works with children, families and service providers to complete the Child & Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment, which will guide them in creating a comprehensive Plan of Care. The care manager will collaborate with client’s service providers and with client/family to help achieve identified goals on Plan of Care. (Adult Health Homes) The care manager works with Adults in creating a comprehensive Plan of Care. The care manager collaborates with the client’s other providers to help achieve identified goals on Plan of Care. Care manager will assess the need for additional services, such as Home and Community Based Services for both children and adults enrolled in the Health Homes program. The Care Manager will be required to document all contact related to client’s case in an electronic health record and monitors the need for additional interventions based on client need.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Bachelors Degree in Human/ Services Field
• Minimum of three years of experience in Social Services Field or 2 years as a Health Home Care Manager
• Relevant experience in serving children and families in child welfare, crisis situations, behavioral health (Serious mental health/serious emotional disturbance), primary health care, or social services
• Experience coordinating and participating in team settings
• Solid writing and verbal communication; good documentation skills.
• Work effectively and knowledgeably across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities
• Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when self-directed and beyond immediate oversight
• Ability to deliver family-driven, youth-guided services
• Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations.
• Requires computer proficiency including word processing skills and the ability to provide culturally competent practice
• Must have valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
• Must have regular access to a vehicle to provide home visits and outreach services
• Provide assistance and /or intervention with children
• Perform all duties associated with job responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.