The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center is looking to hire a Fitness & Recreation Coordinator and offers an excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that include: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise or health/fitness related field OR equivalent experience in program development preferred.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient computer skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with high level of organizational skill and efficiency.
- CPR/AED certification required
- Must have the ability to confidently speak and instruct groups of people consisting of individuals with varying age, experience, competency and cultural backgrounds.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office and similar applications are preferred.
- Must be able to speak to large and small groups
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification within first 30 days of employment.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach to problem solving.
- Must be certified through, ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally accredited organization.
- Meet all health and safety regulations as defined by the Health Department as well as The Salvation Army
- Must be in good physical shape, capable of meeting the demands of the gymnasium and athletic field programs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
Oversee and supervise activities related to the development, implementation and evaluation of fitness and recreation programs in all member and non-member populations, serving appropriate ages, interests and current trends. Responsible for presenting and complete image of The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center through quality fitness programs designed to meet the needs of the community.
Pay Range: $20 to $21.75 per hour