Under the guidance of the Director of Property Services, the Accounting Associate will seek to: a) process contractor’s payments in a timely manner; b) maintain accurate records of payments made and funding received; c) ensure compliance with Salvation Army policy relating to “Capitalization”; and d) maintain accurate Property Sale and Acquisition records.
· Create and maintain Capital project spreadsheets for each capital project. This includes recording approved Property Project line values, payments made to contractors and capital funds received from Territorial Headquarters;
· Accurately code and process all invoice’s through Accounts Payable section;
· Process Withdrawal Requests;
· At completion of Capital Project verify expenditure and capital reimbursement with contractors and Territorial Headquarters and prepare the Final Revised Property Project Budget;
· Prepare the necessary” Adjustment to Real Capitalization” documentation per Territorial policy;
· Prepare Real Property Sale documentation and Adjustment to Real Estate Capitalization documentation following the sale of property by the Division;
· Maintain accurate “Property Sale and Purchase Records”; and
· Any other duties as may be required.
· Bachelor’s Degree, with two years experience in business environment – emphasis on Finance/Accounting.
· Experience and competency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook highly desirable.
· Experience in use of Serenic or similar accounting system desirable.