Position: Sales Associate
Department: Service Extension
Work Location: Hamburg Family Store, Hamburg, PA
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Part-Time; 20 Hours Per Week
Reporting Relationship: Store Manager
Salary and Grade: $8.75 per hour; 70 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
· Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time.
· Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
· Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
· Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
· Greet Customers and ascertain what each customer requests
· Monitor dressing room use to prevent theft
· Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
· Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payments.
· Maintain records of sales or other business transactions
· Complete register close out and assist to prepare income deposits accurately.
· Assist with tagging, pricing and stocking of merchandise
· Cleans store floor, restrooms, and stocking area daily
· Complies with safe handling of cleaning and/or hazardous materials.
· Answer phone and provide necessary information as required.
· Receive donations, provide receipts, process donations following established triage system
· Adheres to all Salvation Army agency policies and procedures
· Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
· Consults and communicates with Store Manager on a regular basis, addressing concerns, sharing ideas, providing oversight and offering suggestions.
· Oversees, under the guidance of the Store Manager, the display of merchandise inside the store to enhance the appearance and appeal of the store, dress mannequins and steam clothes as needed.
· Adhere to the store dress code.
· Provides an excellent customer service experience for all visitors to the store
· Follow guidelines on how to appropriately purchase personal items at the store.
· Helps guide and direct volunteers on a regular basis
· Educates store visitors about the social services provided by Service Extension and works to recruit more volunteers to help at the store.
· Acknowledges and follows the financial policies of The Salvation Army
· Performs related duties as assigned.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army. Exemplary customer service skills. HS Diploma or GED and equivalent retail/resale experience. Must be reliable, trustworthy, outgoing, and have sound decision-making skills. Child Protection Clearances PA Act 153 requires that all prospective employees complete the following clearance and background checks: PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and FBI Criminal Record/Fingerprint Check.
Contact: Please email, regular mail or drop off your resume along with a cover letter to:
Susan Carlson, Store Manager; email@example.com
Hamburg Salvation Army; Family Store and Donation Center
700 South 4th Street
Hamburg, PA 19526
Applications also available for pick up at the store during regular business hours
Or go to: External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No phone calls please
Released by the Divisional Human Resource Department on July 13, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1586