Under direct supervision of the Help Desk Manager, the Technical Support Specialist will provide competent and professional technical solutions to Customer issues. Duties include creating and updating Tickets within established timeframes and performing follow-up with Customers via telephone, email, or in-person. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software set up, administering VOIP and voicemail, power cycling equipment, assisting users with various applications, and troubleshooting email issues. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. This position is for servicing the Greater New York Divisional Headquarters, as well as field work performed at many Salvation Army sites within the Greater New York area. The Technical Support Specialist performs additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
· Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and maintenance, including but not limited to, desktop installation, troubleshooting, repair maintenance, and upgrades.
· Provides superior Customer Service regarding issues reported to the Information Technology Department.
· Ability to assemble and upgrade PC's.
· Expertise in computer networking.
· Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
· Strong troubleshooting skills.
· Able to run and terminate network and other cables.
· Able to install security cameras.
· Provide remote desktop support for end-users.
· Troubleshoot and fix problems with hardware, software and network.
· Install and troubleshoot proprietary software.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot PC Problems (i.e. Viruses, Spyware, damaged Peripherals)
· Responsible for accurately recording incidents in accordance with department standards
· Interact with Customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests regarding IT services;
· Gather Customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms and accurately create appropriate tickets.
· Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity, email clients, account password resets, and more.
· Follow IT standard processes and procedures.
· Identify, escalate or redirect issues to appropriate resources.
· Perform Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers as necessary.
· Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
· Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality.
· Proper phone etiquette.
· Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately.
· Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar.
· Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment.
· Demonstrable skills in troubleshooting Windows OS, Mac OS, MS Office Suite and IBM Lotus Notes.
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Effective listening skills.
· Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good.
· Multi-tasking capabilities.
· Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
· Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
· Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
· A Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technology field or equivalent experience.
· Relevant and Current IT Certifications are preferred (A+, Network+, MCP, etc).
· 2-5 years of relevant experience in a technical support position and demonstrable knowledge of Information Technology.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must have excellent Customer Service skills.
· Must have a positive and professional demeanor.
· Must have a clean and valid driver's license.
· Must be reliable, dependable and a Team Player.