Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for overall operation of the soup kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Respond to individuals needing written communication,
• Provide direct assistance with food, etc. Responsible for ensuring that all guidelines are followed with the storage and distribution of all items. Ensure shelves and refrigerator/freezer are stocked at the end of each day. Responsible for preparing and serving meals.
• Responsible for overall operation of the soup kitchen.
• Be familiar with and maintain the standards set by Food Bank CNY and NY State Health Dept.
• Work with Lead Cook to create a menu
• Keep an up to date inventory.
• Maintain program records and statistic.
• Report data as required.
• Seek donations
• Report gifts in kind.
• Make sure program areas are clean before and after programs.
• Recruit and train volunteers for food service programs.
• Promote Salvation Army ministry.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Highly organized and ability to multi-task
• Ability to prepare and cook meals.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Obtain SafeServe food handling certification within 6 months.
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Supervision experience a plus