Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for cooking, preparation, service, and cleaning of the Food Services Department. Responsible for providing support to department in the areas of inventory, supervision, menu planning, ordering, accurate reports, and overall support of kitchen as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepare meals for The Salvation Army programs and special events.
• Load and unload deliver trucks.
• Monitor the packaging, delivery and service of meals.
• Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and serving areas.
• Supervision of kitchen, and assistant cook.
• Assist with inventory control, ordering, receiving and rotation of stock.
• Menu planning according to regulatory requirements.
• Assist with statistical reports; perform other reasonable services as requested by Program Coordinator.
• Demonstrate cultural competence, as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities and participate in meeting the objectives of The Salvation Army, Utica Corps Strategic Plan
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High school diploma or GED.
• 3 to 5 years direct experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as mathematical abilities (weights and measures).
• Must be able to use commercial kitchen equipment and stepladder.
• Must possess valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army’s insurance requirements.