Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain entranceways, offices, hallways, restrooms, and other areas as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Clean and sanitize restrooms daily (including sinks, toilets, walls, partitions, mirrors)
• Sweep and mop tiled area per building cleaning schedule (or as needed during inclement weather)
• Vacuum rugs and carpeted area per building cleaning schedule or as needed during inclement weather
• Empty trash and recyclable materials daily and dispose
• Clean glass (i.e. entrance doors) daily and other glass per building cleaning schedule
• Assist with unloading cleaning supplies, stock, and maintain supply inventory
• Support facilities maintenance activities as requested
• Demonstrate cultural competence, as well as integrate understanding into daily responsibilities and participate in meeting the objectives of The Salvation Army, Utica Corps Strategic Plan
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• High School graduate or GED desired but not required
• Experience with cleaning materials and methods desired
• Must be able to work independently with some supervision and support
• Possess oral and written communication skills, as well as mathematical abilities (weights and measures)
• Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Must be able to use commercial cleaning equipment, including small power and hand tools.