Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
. Responsible for all aspects of the Facilities Department related to facility planning, maintenance, and the work order system. Assignment requires a strong, hands-on approach in the performance of daily responsibilities. Responsible for assigning tasks, supervising, and assisting workforce in the performance of daily work duties and perform other related work as required. Requires schedule flexibility to manage time sensitive needs across multiple facilities. This includes insuring that a safe and clean environment exists for all activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for cleaning the Corps include:
o Interior: clean, strip, wax, seal, buff floors
o Vacuum and shampoo carpets
o Wash, dust and polish furniture and woodwork
o Clean restrooms, fountains, windows, blinds and light fixtures
o Wash and paint walls
o Empty and clean waste receptacles
o Wash windows
• Inventory and replenish janitorial supplies
• Responsible for exterior maintenance of Corps properties to include:
o Mow and trim lawn and attend to landscaping
o Remove leaves and trash as required
o Remove snow and ice from walks, steps and portions of driveway
• Assist with program activities: set up tables, chairs and other equipment for ongoing activities and special events.
• Vehicles: transport vehicles to garage for repairs and maintenance, check fluids and fill tanks on Fridays or as needs.
• Make sure vehicles stay current on registrations and inspections.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Handyman/Tradesman skills preferred.
• Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment and able to learn acceptable cleaning methods.
• Must have experience with operating manual/power tools in a safe manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
• Ability to work outdoors under adverse weather conditions
• Valid Driver’s License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
• Able to drive 12 passenger van.