Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Program Coordinator assists the Program Manager of the Recovery Center in the management of the center and plans, organizes, supervises, and directs program activities associated with recreation, nutrition, education, transportation, outreach, and volunteer services for a multi service Adult Drop-in-Center facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Work requires an Associate’s degree in Human Services related field.
• One year of experience working with Homeless Individuals preferred.
• One year of supervisory experience is required.
• More than three years of experience in a position related to programs or services for the homeless and low-income families.
• Responsible to complete assigned CPR and Narcan trainings.
• Work consists of moderately complex procedures and tasks where basic analytical ability is required.
• Current and valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.