Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
provides outreach and information services primarily but not limited to individuals presumed to meet eligibility requirements of New York State’s ERAP (rental assistance) program. They interview potential clients and enter documentation that confirms eligibility and assist clients in processing online ERAP applications. The Outreach and Education worker also identifies areas of supportive services that The Salvation Army or partner agencies can offer and facilitates direct referrals. The Outreach and Education worker will also assist the Social Ministry Coordination by servicing social service clients through other TSA offered assistance programs and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Associates Degree in or current college student pursuing related field.
• Experience participating in team settings
• Solid writing and verbal communication; good documentation skills.
• Work effectively and knowledgeably across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities
• Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when self-directed and beyond immediate oversight
• Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations.
• Requires computer proficiency including word processing skills and the ability to provide culturally competent practice
• Must have valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
• Perform all duties associated with job responsibilities
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic