Social Ministries Assistant
Part-Time, 20 hours/week (Tuesday-Friday, 9:30am to 2:30pm)
Pay Rate: up to $20.00 per hour
The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center is hiring and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- High School Diploma required
- Must have experience in communications and clerical work. Prior work/volunteer experience with The Salvation Army preferred.
- Must be able to safely lift, load and unload boxes, supplies and other items up to 35lbs
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, timely, professional, team-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities in high-paced setting
- Strong customer service skills; cooperative and sociable with public
- Intermediate skills in data entry, MS Word and Excel
- Skills in database coordination a plus
- Must be able to use office equipment (phone, printer, fax, etc)
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License preferred
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual, Spanish or Cape Verdean Creole, preferred
The Social Ministries Assistant position encompasses a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to: assisting with food distribution, data entry and database coordination, answering phones, assisting clients with basic social service needs, and general office tasks as needed.