Customer Service Associate
Part-Time, 25 hours/week
Pay Rate: $13.50 per hour
The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center is hiring and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Previous cashier and/or customer service experience helpful.
- Computer software application experience helpful. Ability to use new software programs with basic training.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clientele and staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate positively and energetically with staff, clients, members and customers.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a team-oriented environment. Be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Proficient with current Microsoft software computer programs including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, e-mail, internet, and standard office equipment and systems.
- Proficient in the use of recreation management software, in particular, the membership and facility scheduling components.
The Customer Service Associate’s responsibilities include welcoming guests, answering telephone calls, data entry, selling and/or verifying memberships through POS system, providing information, and assistance and answering questions about available programs.