Fitness & Recreation Specialist
Part-Time, 27 hours/week
Pay Rate: $13.50/hr
The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center is hiring and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- Two years of college required in a field related to health sciences, leisure studies, or physical education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health/fitness field preferred.
- Must have 1-3 years of progressive experience in fitness, athletics, and/or recreation field.
- Rock Wall and High/Low elements experience preferred.
- Must have exercise and gym equipment knowledge and be able to train and instruct members and patrons on the safe and proper way to use equipment.
- Attain a personal training certification from a nationally accredited organization within six (6) months of hire (at the expense of the employee).
- CPR/AED certification required.
- Must have the ability to confidently speak and instruct groups of people consisting of individuals with varying age, experience, competency and cultural backgrounds.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office and similar applications are preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must have ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Provide professional fitness services to members and clients of the center to appropriately meet the health and fitness needs of each individual. The Fitness & Recreation Specialist works in the overall fitness & recreation department including/but not limited to the fitness floor, cardio loft, group dance studio, gymnasium, athletic field, and outdoor court.