Lifeguard & Swim Instructor
Part-Time and On-Call Positions Available
Pay Rate: $17.50 per hour
The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center is hiring and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, vacation time and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- American Red Cross Certification in Lifeguard and CPR/AED/FA for the Professional Rescuer.
- Willingness to complete Park Lifeguarding course
- Meet The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center of Boston skill standard
- Be dependable, alert and able to interact with people of all ages and from varying backgrounds in a positive manner.
- American Red Cross Certification Water Safety Instructor
- Must have experience as a certified lifeguard and instructor
- Must be able to work in an office/pool with professional staff consisting of individuals with varying experience, competency and cultural backgrounds.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Applications and/or appropriate desktop applications.
- Must have the ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Must have a Lifeguard Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Certification
- Water Exercise Instructor Certification
- Have ability to instruct a classroom of adults, adolescent, and child learners consisting of individuals with varying experience, competency, and cultural backgrounds.
The Lifeguard & Swim Instructor is responsible for the safety of patrons and the aquatics facility as well as teaching water fitness learns to swim, and private swim lessons.