Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Pay Range: $19.50 to $20.50 per hour
The Salvation Army’s Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center located in Dorchester is hiring an Administrative Assistant and offers excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
- Associates degree required in field related to business
- Preferred to have 2 to 4 years of experience working in an office as an administrative assistant and have office management skills.
- Have ability to work in an office with professional staff consisting of individuals with varying experience, competency and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be organized and able to coordinate complex schedules, events, and communications.
- Must have high integrity, a high l level of maturity, and able to see tasks through to completion.
- Have excellent computer skills and competency with Microsoft Office Applications and/or appropriate desktop applications.
- Must be adept at problem-solving.
- Must be able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to work and relate well with people.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
The main functions of the Administrative Assistant is to support the Kroc Administrators in all areas; including but not limited to maintaining and coordinating calendars, receive and process phone calls and other communications (i.e. emails), coordinating and managing projects as assigned, handling ordering of all supplies, managing petty cash and deposits, and filing and organizing records. Must be present at all meetings.