· Joint responsibility with the Director for compliance if ICF residences with OMRDD regulations.
· Responsible for OMRDD Reviews, ICF Surveys, IUR/IPR Correction Process and all other program
· Program reviews by means of ongoing conferences with Program Supervisors, orientation and supervision of Program Coordinators.
· Ensures all programs and services comply with Life Safety Code regulations.
· Ensures all programs and services are in compliance with or are consistently demonstrating improvement in efforts.
· Achieve compliance with each of the elements of the Settlement OPWDD and the Department of Justice.
· Ensures all programs operate efficiently and effectively within its prescribed annual budget or targeted.
· Expenditures levels approved by the Director of DDS.
· Ensures all programs accurately projects current and future services and supports necessary to meet the needs of individuals receiving services at the facility consistent with the requirements set out by the OPWDD regulations.
· Conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent to ensure a professional, productive work environment and appropriate professional representation of the facility.
· Serves as the primary backup for the facility director when he/she is away from the facility.
· Actively participates in regional and/or statewide planning.
· Cooperates with Agency requests for information.
· Coordinate and assist each individual in skill development in areas such as activities of daily living,
· Domestic living, recreation and socialization as needed.
· Promotes a positive working relationship with judiciary, law enforcement, and local independent school District officials.
· Assures that admissions, transfers, and placements reflect accepted standards of practice and agency policy involving consumers and families.
· Ensure the transporting of the individuals to and from programs, community inclusion activities, medical appointments, home visits and all other activities as needed.
· Ensure Completion of Staff Information Entry Form when Escorting the individuals on medical appointments.
· Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
· Monitors all programs for fiscal accountability.
· Participates in all programs quarterly Fiscal Reviews.
· Manages personnel by interviewing, hiring, evaluating, supervising, and helping to develop the most qualified individuals for the DDS team.
· Meets with Director of DDS and leadership staff on an ongoing basis.
· Collaborates with key staff at Divisional Headquarters.
· Make weekly visits to all DDS programs to assure compliance.
· Review and ensures contract compliance in all areas.
· Complete corrective actions as necessary and monitors improvements.
· Responds to any, and all Statements of Deficiency.
· Assisted in any, and all DDS Request for Proposals. Grant writing, Linkages and Letters of Support.
· Ensures that all Incident Reports are filed as required by the funder and The Salvation Army and corrective actions implemented.
· Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation.
· Monitor maintenance, budget and inventory.
· Collaboration with Clinical on treatment issues.
· Provide ongoing monitoring of incident Human Rights and Informed Consent reviews.
· Provide ongoing monitoring of fire drills as per Chapter 21 requirements.
· Monitor resident personal funds, review on a quarterly basis.
· Participation in IDT meetings, staff meetings and training.
· Participation in city wide meetings and program expansion plans.
· Coordination of summer activities with Program Coordinator: camp, In-House programs, Special Olympics, etc.
· Develops and maintains harmonious working relationships with supervisor, subordinates and coworkers to facilitate work and flow of information.
· Ensures the program has an adequate, well-trained and competent work force including specific staff
· competencies necessary to support the population served by the facility.
· Ensures that the facility maintains an effective incident management program that results in continuous decrease in incidence of unusual incidents including injuries sustained by persons served and confirmed allegations of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
· Ensures admission to, services in and discharge from the facility’s program conform to all federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
· Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
· Adheres to the requirements relating to the development of the programs.
· The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties in the job description.
· Master's Degree with two (2) years supervisory experience preferred in the related field, or a Bachelor's Degree with ten (10) years supervisory experience in the related field will be consider.
· Strong communication and supervisory skills are required.
· Computer literacy and fiscal management experience.
· Quality Improvement experiences a plus. Respect and consideration for the resident being served is of utmost importance.
· Has respect and consideration for the resident being served. AMAP, SCIP, First Aid and CPR certifications preferred.
· A Valid Driver’s License is required (Must be able to drive large vehicle which consisted of wheelchair or 15 seated van).
· Must be available via Phone and Lotus Notes access 24hours 7 days per week (in case of Emergency).