Position: Case Manager
Location: Easton Corps, 1110 Northampton Street
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full time; Monday – Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Reporting Relationship: Corps Commanding Officers
Salary and Grade: $15.00 per hour; 75 Non-Exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
Position Overview: Provide necessary case management services to families and individuals participating in the Pathway of Hope program and assessing the basic needs of low-income individuals and families that come to the Corps for assistance in the form of food and clothing.
*Developing good working relationships with supervisors and peers,
*Time management, and
*Enhancing skill levels
7.Referrals to community-based mental health and substance abuse treatment services when applicable
8. Responsible for ensuring that program participants have access to mainstream health and social service programs such as TANF, Medicaid, State CHIP, SSI, Food Stamps, Work Force Investment Act, and Veteran’s Healthcare programs:
9. Assist participants to enhance personal social support systems through involvement with community activities, their children’s schools and with faith communities
10. Assist in identifying and teaching skills in the areas of:
11. Maintains client record in the Service Point database according to THQ guidelines (training provided)
12. Participate in various community meetings and programs
13. Provide insight and program overview to community agencies and community members as needed
14.Performs related duties as assigned.
15.Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Bilingual in Spanish and English. (Optional)
16. A love and compassion for people who come in needing assistance.
17.Sensitivity to issues related to poverty and the barriers faced by people with low incomes.
18. Willingness to work in a team-based atmosphere.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter as instructed below.
External candidates interested in this position please apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Internal candidates interested in applying for this position please apply at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
No Phone Calls Please.
Revised by the Divisional Human Resources Department on August 11, 2021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Salvation Army’s Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1574