· Provide critical support to the Corps Officers in all social service aspects.
· Supervise all social service programs.
· Community engagement
· Bridging the gap between social service programs and the corps
· Keeping statistical data for all social service programs
· Reporting social service statistical data to funding organization on a monthly basis
· Reviewing and responding to communication between funding organizations and The Salvation Army
· Complete required trainings when necessary
· Attend and reporting on webinar and other socials service conferences when necessary
· Assisting with food distribution during soup kitchen hours of operation
· Packing and organization of food pantry
· Keeping inventory and ordering food items for pantry
· Food pick up from partner organization when necessary
· Organizing and maintaining food distribution schedule
· Christmas and Thanksgiving clients sign up
· Organizing and distributing Thanksgiving and Christmas hampers
· Toy distribution
· Nursing home outreach and community cares.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by Corps Officer as it relates to social services
· Recruiting and training and keeping statistical data of all social service volunteers
· High School Diploma: Associates Degree preferred
· Minimum of 2 years work experience working in an office and social service environment.
· Strong communications skills (both written and verbal), positive attitude, initiative, flexibility, and dependability.
· High level of confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment is essential.
· Good organizational skills.
· Must have good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
· Ability to work effectively with minimal daily supervision and guidance.
· Ability to calculate and process Financial related matters.
· A valid driver's license.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 - 30 lbs.
· Preferably bilingual (Spanish and English)