The Ministry Assistant will serve in a critical support role to the Corps Officers and in a leadership role. They will be intimately and integrally involved in the full ministry of the Corps, including teaching, leading and preaching the Gospel message, providing Spiritual direction and care of congregation members and visitors. The Ministry Assistant will engage as directed by the Corps Officer in leadership responsibilities and learning opportunities that will provide them with a well-rounded understanding and experience of the full responsibilities of Corps operations.
· Assist the Corps Officer with the development, planning and implementation of various programs, including but not limited to the following.
· Social and evangelistic ministry programs.
· Corps summer youth ministries, including the recruitment for camps and Bible school programs.
· After-school programs with the specific responsibilities for bridging students into evangelistic and discipleship ministries.
· Assist the Corps Officer in providing leadership at events including assisting the Corps Officers in the promotion, registration, and transportation of events/activities. Transportation could include driving to pick up donations, program participants, etc.
· Lead or assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by Corps Officers, including but not limited to, the Christmas Kettle campaign and other fundraising events.
· Lead or assist with various worship, praise, prayer, and evangelism services such as teaching Sunday School classes, lead or assist with bible studies, Men/Women fellowship programs, outreach programs, League of Mercy, etc.
· Assist with the delivery of social service assistance, including but not limited to administrative responsibilities: Advisory Board meetings, oversight of donations, program utilization and statistics.
· Assist as needed for general, daily Corps support needs and performs special projects as assigned by the Corps Officers.
· Accepts training, education, and development on all facets of the Corps in order to be prepared for future Officership goals.
· Communicates with various individuals including Corps Officers, staff, clients, Advisory Board members, volunteers, donors, community leaders, etc.
· Must be a uniformed Salvationist in good standing.
· Must uphold biblical standards in personal and professional life, including fiscal support of the Corps ministry.
· Must conduct oneself in a manner which reflects credit on The Salvation Army, its leadership, and on the Lord Jesus.
· Must have an understanding and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
· Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? ___Yes _x_ No