· Services which Functions are related to DSPs (such as, but not limited to Maintains and submits timely and accurate nutritional records and reports; Assist each resident, in skill development in areas such as domestic living, medical appointment; Assist in transporting of the individuals to and from programs, community inclusion activities, medical appointments and etc.)will provide on a temporary basis when the DSP is not present for any reason.
· Provides and ensures a safe, clean and normalized home-like environment at all times. Informs Program Manager of Physical Plant needs.
· Promptly informs the Program Manager / Assistant Program Manager of any serious incident or violations of individuals and/or staff rights, per established policies.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean environment internally, and around the exterior of the facility periodically daily/ weekly /monthly (this includes but is not limited to the cleaning of the individuals room, bathroom, kitchen, furniture dusting, bathroom, closets, refrigerator, freezer, A/C vents, laundry and vent, complete laundry, window sills, empty of all garbage to the required location which include for pick up).
· Maintain inventory and cleanness of supplies and room; submit order where/when applicable.
· Ensure assigned clients’ nutritional needs are met according to prescribed diet and assist with feeding as necessary.
· Ensure that lint is cleaned from the dryers weekly and the area behind the washer is lint and debris free.
· Responsible for all garbage removal daily and collecting all recyclables items including transporting items at a designated time and place
· Planning and preparation of meals in consist with the individuals diet order and menu (this include cooking of the meals which include meats, sauces, desserts, and other foods. his includes Organizes assists, supervises and, when necessary, prepares meals for the individuals.
· Responsible for maintaining clean environment internally and around exterior of building daily.
· Reports as indicated needs for service/repairs and inventory (e.g. specialized maintenance) receipts and financial records for food and supplies.
· Maintains and submits timely and accurate nutritional records and reports regarding the development status, progress and other related information concerning the program and individuals.
· Responsible for safe preparation and storage of all food items used at the house.
· Responsible for requisitioning appropriate amounts of food at established intervals and preparing designated menus.
· Stores foods appropriately before and after cooking in bins, cupboards, or refrigerators.
· Prepares vegetables by washing, scraping, peeling, and chopping.
· Ensure the adequate amount of food is in the program at all time.
· Washes and sterilizes dishes, pots, and utensils after meals.
· Confers with Program Manager when menu changes are indicated (i.e. necessary substitution or the use of leftovers).
· Responsible to apportion food for individuals according to their need.
· Adheres to all funding source standards in addition to the Agency (The Salvation Army) policies and procedures; seeks guidance/clarification from their immediate supervisor regarding interpretation, applicability, and implementation.
· Appropriately communicates to staff and supervisors, both verbally and in writing (i.e. incident reports, residence’s log book) pertinent residents and/or program issues, ensuring the continuity of care and efficient operation of the residence when needed. Read residence log book daily.
· Attend ongoing trainings to maintains knowledge of job responsibilities as it pertains to the individuals and programs.
· Report immediately any observed/known, physical plan & program of which include abuse & neglect, deficiencies problems, including physical plant/safety issues.
· Assist in transporting of the individuals to and from programs, community inclusion activities, medical appointments, home visits and all other activities as needed.
· Complete Staff Information Entry Form when Escorting the individuals on medical appointments (as needed).
· Assist each resident, in skill development in areas such as domestic living, medical appointment, recreation and socialization as needed.
· Strictly adheres to and enforces all the Agency policies regarding Confidentiality, HIPAA requirements, and Corporate Compliance regulations.
· Attendance standards: Monday – Friday 6:00am – 8:00am, 12:00noon – 6:00pm and at the discretion of the Program Manager.
· Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of persons and population served.
· The essential functions for the job include, but are not limited to, the duties in the job description
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Food Handlers Certificate preferred.
· Two years of experience in food preparation preferred.
· Basic Computer skills for menu planning and food ordering, ability to read and write, and use a Telephone, Fax machine, and Copier.
· AMAP Certification, SCIP R and CPR & First Aide preferred.
· A Valid Driver’s License is required (Must be able to drive large vehicle which consisted of wheel chair or 15 seated van).
· Has respect and consideration for the resident being served.