The Salvation Army is hiring for a Driver at our New Bedford Corps location and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes - holidays, vacation time and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
*This is a part-time position (21 hrs/week) at $16 to $18/hr
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- Minimum of 1-year experience in driving moving truck with hydraulic lift-gate.
- Able to use a manual pallet jack.
- Experience loading and unloading large orders of food.
- Valid Driver’s License
- ServeSafe Certified
Manage donations and upkeep of Corps Vehicles used in Food service and delivery.
Manage food service for on-site feeding program / food pantry / Emergency Disaster Services.
Maintain proper certification and food handler’s permits according to state and city ordinance.