The Salvation Army is hiring for a Social Ministries Manager at our Boston South End Corps and offers the following benefit package to full-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Eligibility for the Federal Government’s Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
*This is a full-time, exempt position (40 hrs/week)
Range: $1,038.46 to $1,096.15/week ($54K-$57K per year)
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW)
- A minimum of three years social services case work experience
- Experience in community outreach, organization and community capacity development
- Embraces the holistic mission of The Salvation Army including spiritual, social and emotional development of every client.
- Ability to develop budgets, reports, and to maintain and monitor statistical data and fiscal records related to social services.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability related to the principles an delivery of strengths-based case management.
- Results-oriented, with demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization. Proven expertise in building and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and data management systems.
- Valid MA Driver’s license and use of official vehicle may be required. Ability to travel as needed for conferences.
- Able to work extended hours if needed and during the Holiday season or times of disaster.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 lbs – extended periods of standing, walking, and flexibility may be required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Must be able to communicate effectively in English
The Social Service Ministry Manager is responsible for the development and administration of all social service programs, which provide a continuum of care for adults, children and families within the South End Community Center service area. The Manager will oversee and direct social service programs/ministries, including but not limited to: new program development, case management, staff and program supervision, collaboration with other community social service providers, and the monitoring of program outcomes, procedures and budget. The Social Ministries Manager will also serve as the Pathway of Hope coordinator.