The Salvation Army is hiring for a Social Ministries Case Worker at our Boston South End Corps and offers the following benefit package to part-time employees:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes - holidays, vacation time and sick time
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment and consistently works 20+ hours/week)
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including: Voluntary Term Life & AD&D benefits, AFLAC Insurance
- Most importantly – a job with a good purpose!
*This is a part-time position (28 hrs/week) at $17.17 to $18.54/hr ($25K-27K per year)
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Services degree preferred.
- Previous experience in direct care preferred
- Familiar with principles of case management
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & discretion in working with a diverse population.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel
- Experience with Camp Minder (training provided by TSA)
- Requires a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Practice high level of confidentiality, discretion, and judgment
- Knowledge of community helpful
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 lbs. – extended periods of standing, walking, and flexibility may be required.
- Bilingual in Spanish. Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
The Social Ministries Case Worker Provide social services to clients seeking assistance. This position interviews, assesses and delivers the appropriate service/assistance required to meet the various needs of clients with local and state resources as available.