SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Program Assistant will team with the officers to build corps programs, strengthen corps membership, and aid the officers in the operational management of the corps. To build an effective corps ministry, including community outreach and annual fundraising efforts to support ongoing corps programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Plan and Lead Sunday School as needed and assist with Sunday Worship.
• Assist with clerical work throughout the week to ensure front office runs smoothly and effectively.
• Assist with youth programs.
• Assist with Discipleship Programming (Corps Cadets & Junior Soldiers)
• Coordinate annual Vacation Bible School Event (10 required days)
• Assist with program transportation using the 12 Passenger Van.
• Recruit & Transport Summer campers for Camp Long Point
• Support and promote local and divisional youth/teen/young adult events.
• Through community outreach, build a network of volunteers to assist in corps programs, outreach ministries, SALT, and annual kettle campaign.
• Provide supervision and guidance to regular and seasonal Corps Volunteers.
• Collaborate with Corps Officers, Corps and Divisional Staff, Volunteers, and Program Participants to resolve issues that may arise.
• Communicate programmatic concerns and successes to supervisors in a timely basis.
• Assist in other tasks that would be beneficial to the continued development and growth of the Oneonta Corps as designated by the corps officers.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and minimum two years related experience required.
• Valid Driver’s License that meets The Salvation Army’s insurance requirements.
• Ability to pass required 12 passenger van training course.
• Basic Computer skills including, Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
• Highly Organized
• Highly Motivated
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently through the use of verbal communication, Team Up calendar and Lotus Notes.
• Ability to work self-sufficiently as well as with a group.
• Ability to coordinate large groups of people.
• The Salvation Army’s KeepSAfe training required
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic