- Assist the Corps Officer with the development, planning and implementation of various programs, including but not limited to:
- Social and evangelistic ministry programs;
- Corps summer youth ministries, including the recruitment for camps and Bible school programs;
- After-school programs with the specific responsibilities for bridging students into evangelistic and discipleship ministries.
- Assist the Corps Officer in providing leadership at events including assisting the Corps Officers in the promotion, registration and transportation of events/activities. Transportation could include driving to pick up donations, program participants, etc.
- Lead or assist in aspects of public relations events and campaigns as assigned by Corps Officers, including but not limited to, the Christmas Kettle campaign and other fundraising events.
- Lead or assist with various worship, praise, prayer, and evangelism services such as teaching Sunday School classes, lead or assist with bible studies, Men/Women fellowship programs, outreach programs, League of Mercy, etc.
- Assist with the delivery of social service assistance, including but not limited to administrative responsibilities: Advisory Board meetings, oversight of donations, program utilization and statistics.
- Assist as needed for general, daily Corps support needs and performs special projects as assigned by the Corps Officers.
- Accepts training, education and development on all facets of the Corps in order to be prepared for future Officership goals.
- Communicates with various individuals including Corps Officers, staff, clients, Advisory Board members, volunteers, donors, community leaders, etc.
- Responsible for the organization and administration of assigned activity for youth groups.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of various ages and skill levels.
- Report all incidents minor or major.
- Accepts other duties given by Corps Officer.
- Must be a uniformed Salvationist in good standing.
- High School or equivalent
- At Least 6 months experience in Youth or Camp groups and the ability to teach and enthuse others.
- Available to work in a flexible schedule according to the programs in the cops.
- Must uphold biblical standards in personal and professional life, including fiscal support of the Corps ministry.
- Must conduct oneself in a manner which reflects credit on The Salvation Army, its leadership, and on the Lord Jesus.
- Must have an understanding of and appreciation for the Mission of The Salvation Army.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed