Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This is a highly skilled generalist position which is responsible for the social services client intervention of the food pantry, emergency/direct client assistance program, provide longer recovery and POH case management services, and children/adult health home care management to clients identified through the Emergency Assistance Program, (EFA), other corps ministries, i.e., youth programs, service units and through community referrals/partnerships
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with strong client engagement skills
• Maintain training requirements for POH and HH care management
• Ability to develop strong community partnerships and working agreements
• Able to meet all funding compliance requirements
• Able to maintain multiple data management systems
• Experience with and understanding of impact of; mental health, chronic health, substance abuse conditions for adults, youth, and children in need of service
• Understanding of the impact of generational poverty
• Able to work in an active office and field-based environment
• Requires a vehicle to do field-based services
• Position requires standing, walking, pushing, bending, kneeling and the ability to reach above the shoulder
• Able to think critically and determine appropriate steps to assure task completion/follow directions
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic