Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Case Manager is a highly skilled position; responsible for the supervision of multiple Mohawk Valley Region case managers, who will be providing basic needs assistance (i.e. food pantry), emergency/direct client assistance, longer recovery and Pathway of Hope case management and health homes care management (children/adults). In addition to the supervision of staff, this position will also be responsible for providing these services directly to clients (in a reduced capacity).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Bachelors Degree in Human/ Services Field with a minimum of four of experience in Social Services Field. Master’s Degree in Social Work with a minimum of 1 year experience preferred.
• Relevant experience in serving children and families in child welfare, crisis situations, developmental disabilities, behavioral health, primary health care, or social services
• Experience coordinating and participating in team settings
• Solid writing and verbal communication; good documentation skills.
• Work effectively and knowledgeably across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities
• Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when self-directed and beyond immediate oversight
• Ability to deliver family-driven, youth-guided services
• Knowledge of community resources and counseling/social work practices with high risk populations.
• Requires computer proficiency including word processing skills and the ability to provide culturally competent practice
• Must have valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
• Must have regular access to a vehicle to provide home visits and outreach services
• Provide assistance and /or intervention with children
• Perform all duties associated with job responsibilities
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, age, religion, disability status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic