The Salvation Army Empire State Division Headquarters is seeking a FT Direct Marketing and Database Associate
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Direct Marketing and Database Associate is responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the development donor database and for coding, recording and processing all types of cash and non-cash charitable donations received by The Salvation Army Empire State Division. The Associate’s primary area of responsibility lies in accurate, timely gift and pledge entry, gift acknowledgment, reporting, and timely transmission of daily gift batches. In conjunction with this responsibility, the Associate is also responsible for creating and updating donor demographical information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. File maintenance of all donor records in the CRM databases. This includes address and name change, flagging Planned Giving and Major Donors, merges, and increasing or decreasing the amount the donor receives.
2. Enter all donations received from the following constituents:
a. United Way donors
b. White mail donors
c. Disasters donors
d. Special event donors
g. Major Gift donors
3. Process credit card donations.
4. Daily review of all correspondence that comes with or on the direct mail remits. Route correspondence directly to Corps Officers and/or designated Development staff member.
5. Manage EFT program – enter data into database, pull monthly report, and acknowledge gifts.
6. Handle donor information and complaint calls that come in to DHQ.
7. Manage all Matching gifts by linking original gift to matching gift companies.
8. Work with Direct Mail vendors and lock box vendor to manage and improve efficiency of direct mail processing.
9. Manage processing of all batches from Finance Department and liaise with Finance to reconcile gift and batch information from all sources included the lockbox, online and Corps Accounting system data reports and directly from Finance.
10. Work with CRM technical support to produce/update reports and improve functionality of systems to ensure that moves management, proposal tracking and other functions meet Advancement team needs.
11. Work with Finance to identify online (classy), special, restricted, event, and campaign gifts and coordinate follow-up as needed with development staff.
12. Oversee the process of all vendor and in-house donor acknowledgements to ensure timeliness, efficiency and quality on a weekly basis.
13. Answer donor inquiry calls, resolve complaints as needed and delegate follow-up to staff as needed.
14. Pull prayer requests weekly from WIA and forward appropriately.
15. Pull Image Only documents weekly from WIA and updating the database.
16. Addressing all email/phone calls in a timely manner.
17. Entering all notes for the Mid-Level Donor calls.
18. Assist and support other projects as requested by the supervisor and/or Divisional Director of Advancement.
19. Maintain professional and courteous conduct while representing The Salvation Army.
20. Strive for superior customer service in all interactions with staff and donors.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS.
• Bachelor’s Degree prefer
• Three+ years of gift processing or fundraising administrative support experience.
• Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the database management and gift entry.
• Management and communication skills.
• Strong computer and analytical skills are required along with excellent writing skills.
• A commitment to The Salvation Army mission and programs.
• Results-oriented with demonstrated ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
• Collaborative and energetic team player.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.