Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide assistance to single women or families who demonstrate that they are currently homeless and have no safe appropriate housing available to them. Situations may include but not limited to domestic violence situations, evictions, and families who are doubled-up and cannot continue to reside together. The Emergency Shelter Residential Services operates twenty-four hours, seven days a week and provides families with basic needs and assistance with apartment searches, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Possess a working knowledge of BASE-NET (Service Point)
• Enter data relevant to client services and statistical analysis required by HUD
• Complete electronic billing and statistical reports in a timely manner
• Attend on-going trainings and informational meetings in conjunction the Homeless Alliance of Western New York
• Attend trainings and other staff development activities as appropriate to develop professional skills
• Work closely with The Department of Social Services
• Complete phone and in-person intakes
• Provide social services advocacy for shelter residents
• Engage in case conferences and case reviews
• Make reports to Child Protection when warranted
• Retain up-to-date case files and progress notes
• Review all client files to insure accuracy and completeness
• Update and create new client forms as necessary.
• Dead file closed cases, write summary cards and exit from Service Point
• Meet with clients regularly to work on treatment goals, counseling referrals, client progress with apartment searches and to assist them as necessary.
• Monitor client compliance with taking prescribed medication
• Write reports to the Department of Social Services, court or other community agencies as necessary
• Participate in court proceedings as required.
• Maintain working relationships with peers in participating in collaborative efforts
• Engage in community and presentations, if necessary
• Maintain client safety and security including assistance with emergency evacuation and other special needs including crisis situations
• When warranted, handle the drop-off and pick-up of program mail, copying and faxing information
• Perform miscellaneous clerical duties.
• Assist with task necessary to maintain the day-to-day operation of the program
• Participate in all other duties and activities as required or assigned
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· Develop positive professional relationships with clients, community, and human service providers
· Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills
· Professionally and ethically represent The Salvation Army and its mission to clients, funding sources and the community
· Provide service in a culturally competent manner
· Bilingual and bicultural in Spanish and English a plus
· Computer skills to include Microsoft Word/Excel
· Valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements
· Must have working/insured vehicle
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.