- WORKING WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SALVATION ARMY of the childcare center and carrying out its functions, policies and procedures.
- ASSISTANT IN THE SUPERVISION OF A GIVEN GROUP OF CHILDREN
- To assist in the planning and execution of a program to provide childcare for children which
- Takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child.
- To share responsibility for keeping equipment and material accessible and in good condition in order to encourage maximum constructive use by the children.
- To share responsibility for removing or reporting any damaged or hazardous equipment to the director of other designated person so that necessary action may be taken.
- To share responsibility for planning and supervising an appropriate arrangement of classroom equipment and furniture designed to promote optimal program functioning.
- To assist in the overall planning for the best use of shared space in relation to the total center program.
- To assist in planning the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- To assist in developing a program of sound educational goals appropriate to the age and
- Developmental level of children which will enable them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- To share with classroom associates their mutual knowledge and understanding of the community and the sponsoring agency of which their center is a part.
- To promote his or her own professional growth of development through participation in regularly scheduled individual conferences, classroom group conferences, and staff meetings.
- To share with other classroom personnel the performance of routine chores related to all areas of the program.
- To participate, wherever feasible, in related training opportunities as these become available.
- To participate in objective discussions on his/her own professional performance in supervisory conferences with the group teacher and /or director.
- OTHER RELATED DUTIES, as assigned consistent with the above as well as other programmatic duties.
- 30 credits, 60 credits, BA in ECE or CDA
- The assistant teacher shall meet the requirements set by the Agency for Children Services (ACS).
- The Salvation Army (TSA) and Department of Health (DOH).
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed