Seeking: compassionate individuals looking to help make a difference!
If you are passionate about making a difference in someone’s life and want to work for an organization that appreciates and recognizes their employee’s success, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Full-time opportunities offer:
Some of these benefits are also available to Part-time employees as well!
The Case Manager position exists to assist in providing services for the Domestic Violence/Rape Crisis Program of The Salvation Army Anew Center in Chautauqua County. Based at The Salvation Army’s South or North County Office, the Case Manager will be responsible for the implementation of domestic violence, sexual assault, and rape crisis services throughout Chautauqua County. The Case Manager Position also assists with housing of homeless women as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for reading and being familiar with The Salvation Army Employee Handbook, and will read and follow the policy and procedure manual specific to the Anew Center and request supervisory direction as needed.
• Responsible for providing comprehensive case management services for non-residential and residential clients experiencing domestic violence, rape, and sexual assault.
• Responsible for providing accompaniment and advocacy services relevant to legal, medical, educational, personal, financial, housing, and other issues.
• Assist clients with accessing community resources, obtaining/maintaining housing, and identifying self-sufficiency goals. This may include assisting with obtaining furniture, housing, jobs, childcare, schooling, utilities, etc.
• Report residential intakes to the Department of Health & Human Services, schedule initial appointment, and maintain weekly communication with DSS regarding client’s progress and request for additional stay at shelter.
• Facilitate weekly domestic violence support groups or other related groups as assigned.
• Responsible for keeping accurate and updated records, and submitting reports, statistics, as required by The Salvation Army and program funders.
• Assist with training of Anew Center volunteers and staff as assigned.
• Will be assigned to the Response Team Schedule as directed by the Program Director, which includes being available for shelter coverage, advocacies, debriefing, phone calls, and all other critical situations during coverage dates which includes weekdays, weekends, and Holidays.
• Provide services via office visits, home visits, alternative locations, agencies, and via the Hotline, and ensure follow-up.
• Ensure all clients are made aware of Office of Victim Services Compensation, and complete applications for those eligible.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Communicate pertinent information relevant to the operations of the program to immediate supervisor.
• Attend initial Rape Crisis Training and attend trainings a minimum of 10 hours annually in order to maintain certified counselor status.
• Act as a mandated reporter for The Salvation Army and report all incidents of suspected child abuse / neglect to child protection services mandatory reporter hotline.
• Attend Inter-agency and community meetings in order to facilitate services to clients as assigned.
• Public speaking and participation in agency functions as requested.
• Understand that by signing this job description you are aware that, as an agency offering 24-hour services, at times coverage for other shifts may be required.
• Understand that as an employee of The Salvation Army, there may be occasion for the addition of other responsibilities as needed, per the direction of the immediate supervisor, Program Director, or Commanding Officers.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice due to business needs.
Bachelor’s preferred, Associates with 3-5 years experience will be considered.
• Must satisfactorily complete the sexual assault training in order to be a certified rape crisis counselor.
• Must have computer/typing skills in order to complete statistics, maintain case files, and correspond via email communication.
• Must have the ability to present themselves in a professional manner.
• Must have the ability to climb stairs and carry supplies to and from upper levels of the building.
• Must have a valid driver’s license that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.